Password Vault Manager allows you to configure a Duo Authentication to provide an additional security layer when opening a selected data source.
Before you start the configuration, make sure you have created yourself a Duo account and also have installed the Duo application on your compatible device.
There are three ways of using the authentication with Duo: by land line, by text message or by using their application.
1.In your Duo account you will need to add the application Auth API.
Auth API application
2. In Password Vault Manager select your Data source, in the Two Factor option click on None to change your Two factor Authentication mode. In the next window click on Change.
SQL Server - Two Factor - None
3. Select Duo as your Two factor authentication. And then click on Duo - General Settings
2-Factor Configuration - Duo General Settings
4. All the information needed for the General Settings will be generated for your Duo account. Copy and paste all the information and click on check to be sure the information is valid.
Auth API information from Duo website
5. Click on save to authenticate yourself with your Duo account that has just been activated.
2-Factor Configuration - Duo
6. If you have more than one device connected to your Duo account, select the device you wish to use for your 2-Factor authentication.
7. Select the method by which you would like to receive your Passcode.
oDuo Push: The code is "pushed" to your Duo application.
oSend SMS: You will receive the code by SMS on your registered phone number.
oPhone: You will receive a phone call and a computer generated voice will dictate you the code.
You will now be prompted with the Duo Authentication every time you try to connect to your secured data source.