1. Make sure that you have a valid SQL Azure subscription to be able to create your database.
2. Click on the ellipsis button in the Navigation Pane or go in File - Data Sources
3. Click Add a New Data Source
New Data Source
4. Select Microsoft SQL Azure
Select the Microsoft SQL Azure Data Source
5. Provide the connection information for the SQL Azure database with a user having enough privileges to create the database
SQL Azure Data Source Configuration
6. Select the Upgrade tab and click the Create Database button. If the database is already created on the SQL Azure Server, click the Update Database button to add the appropriate tables to the database.
7. Once the database is created, create an administrator account for the database via the Administration - Users menu.
If the database is created using a system administrator (example: SA), we recommend to keep this user only for the database creation and the database upgrade. A Password Vault Manager administrator account must be created first. Then, regular users are created with this administrator account..
Create a Password Vault Manager Administrator Account
8. Connect on the SQL Azure database with the Password Vault Manager administrator account. To do so, edit the data source used to create the database and change the login information for the administrator account that you have created.
Connection to the Database with the PVM Administrator Account
The SQL Azure data source is now correctly configured.